Saturday , September 18 2021

Students receiving MOH health risk warning may return to school after Covid-19 negative swab test, Singapore News & Top Stories



SINGAPORE – Students and staff who have received the Ministry of Health’s health risk warnings will be placed on an approved absence and will not be able to return to school until after the result of the Covid Off-Polymer Chain Reaction Swab Test (PCR) 19 is negative.

In response to questions from The Straits Times, the Department of Education added that students with family members under the same warnings are also placed on approved absences. She may return to school after the first result of her household’s PCR test is negative.

According to the MOH website, health risk warnings are given to those who accidentally contact a Covid-19 patient or on the same day as the person experienced hot risks. They are required to isolate themselves until they get a negative test result for their first PCR test. A PCR test for exit at designated test centers should also be taken to ensure that they do not incubate the virus.

Meanwhile, students and staff who are placed under health risk warning – issued to those who have visited hotspots with Covid-19 patients – will be able to return to school but be encouraged to limit their social interactions, MOE said.

ST understands that no school-based transfer has been discovered after a spate in local cases related to large clusters in Jurong Fishery Port and KTV lounges.

The ministry said “a number” of students and staff have tested positive, along with the rise in community affairs in recent weeks. “The students have mild symptoms, and so far all students are recovering well,” he added.

While school-based transfer has taken place before, ST understands that in recent emergencies there have been no signs of it in cases.

If there are confirmed cases at schools, precautionary measures will be implemented, including introducing home-based learning for affected levels such as the whole school, the ministry said.

In recent weeks, at least 12 schools have had Covid-19 cases.

On Monday (July 26), Raffles Girls’ Primary School went into home-based learning after a Primary 1 student tested positive. Students from Base 2 to 6 returned to school the next day.

Last week, students in Years 1 to 4 at Raffles Institution switched to home-based learning one day after a stable assistant at the school canteen tested positive.

When a Primary 2 student in Yangzheng Primary School tested positive, all Primary 2 classes were placed on home-based learning on July 19 and 21. July 20 was Hari Raya Haji, a public holiday.

“MOE is closely monitoring the situation and will continue to consider whether adaptation to safe school management measures is necessary in accordance with national guidelines,” it added.

In parliament on Tuesday, Education Minister Chan Chun Sing said personal co-curricular activities (CCAs) for secondary schools and pre-university institutions in the coming weeks.

CCAs were suspended as part of tightening restrictions with the return of phase two (increased warning).




Source link