Thursday , December 2 2021

Dolly Parton gives rare public statement about husband Carl Dean



[ad_1]

Parton says her husband “has not felt well for some time”. Video / Network 10

Dolly Parton offers a rare public statement about her little-seen husband of 55 years Carl Dean during an interview on last night’s episode of The Sunday Project.

Speaking to Lisa Wilkinson, the country legend, 75, talks about her recent headline-making gift for her husband’s 79th birthday in July: the re-creation of her playful 1978 film Playboy.

The heartwarming video showed Dolly in full Playboy bunny appearance, promising her husband a “hot girl summer” and giving fans a rare glimpse of Carl (even if it was just the back of his head).

Now Parton revealed that the gift was not only for Carl’s birthday, but also to keep him happy during a long period of ill health.

Dolly Parton has spoken candidly about the health status of her 55-year-old husband.  Photo / Supplied
Dolly Parton has spoken candidly about the health status of her 55-year-old husband. Photo / Supplied

“My husband has not felt well for a while, and I will do everything I can to make him better and lift his spirits and everything. He always thought I was beautiful,” she says.

“A lot of people got a kick out of it, so … and he sure did!”

Parton and Dean have rarely appeared in public together during their marriage, leading to speculation about their “unconventional” relationship – but as Parton has explained in the past, the man she married in 1966 is just a homebody .

Elsewhere in last night’s interview, Parton shares stories about how her iconic hits like Jolene and I Will Always Love You and explains why she donated a million dollars to help fund the Moderna vaccine.

One of only a handful of photos of Parton and her husband made public.  Photo / Supplied
One of only a handful of photos of Parton and her husband made public. Photo / Supplied

She also drops the news that Australian theater-goers have been waiting for – her West End smash musical 9 to 5 will be launched at the Capitol Theater in Sydney in February 2022, having previously been postponed due to the ongoing Covid lockdowns.

“Well, I’m very excited that we’ll actually be premiering in Sydney in 2022. We had to take Covid’s cause off and we missed a bit, but now we’re back and we’m very excited to come back to Australia , “says Parton.

The musical – based on the 1980 film of the same name with Parton, Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda starring as a trio of working women who stood up for themselves against a sexist male boss – was a massive hit in the West End, and extended his first 16-week season to well over a year before Covid hit. You can now join the waiting list for tickets now on the musical’s website.

[ad_2]
Source link