British actor-director Noel Clarke says he will seek professional help to “change for the better” after 20 women accused him of sexual harassment, intimidation and bullying.
Clarke, who played in Doctor Who and made the film trilogy Adult life, Adulthood en Brotherhood, said he “vehemently” denied any sexual misconduct or criminal misconduct.
“Recent reports, however, have made it clear to me that some of my actions have influenced people in ways I did not intend or realize,” he said in a statement.
‘For those people, I am deeply sorry. I will seek professional help to educate myself and change for the better. “
* Harvey Weinstein has been behind bars for a year. What has changed?
* Dylan Farrow recalls being criticized by Woody Allen fans for sharing allegations of abuse
* Rose McGowan applauds Evan Rachel Wood for coming forward with allegations of abuse by Marilyn Manson
Clarke, 45, issued the statement a day later to the UK The guard newspaper said it had spoken to 20 women who accused him of misconduct including sexual harassment, unwanted touching, sexually indecent behavior on set and bullying.
The newspaper mentioned several of the women.
Following the publication of the allegations, the British Film Academy shrugged off Clarke’s membership and his award for outstanding British contribution to the cinema, which was given to him earlier this month, “immediately and until further notice”.
Broadcaster Sky said it was stopping work with Clarke, and television channel ITV aired the latest episode of the crime series Point of view, which starred Clarke and was on Friday for broadcast.
The broadcaster said it had “a zero-tolerance policy against bullying, harassment and victims”.