Sunday , July 25 2021

Dublin Test Center comes out on top positively



A Covid-19 test center in northern Dublin has recorded a positive percentage of 5.2 per cent among those who have presented for the virus in recent days.

The Finglas test facility, located at the Dublin Education and Training Council, had the highest positive of the seven walk-in test centers that opened last week.

As of Monday morning, it had a test positive score of 5.2 percent. This compares with an average positive percentage among those tested nationwide of 3.2 percent over the past seven days.

The seven centers that opened late last week are in Finglas, Balbriggan, Crumlin, Navan, Athlone, Ballinasloe and Naas.

They are aimed at finding asymptomatic cases of the virus in the community.

Meanwhile, the millionth Covid-19 vaccine was delivered to the Health Service Executive last Thursday and will be administered later this week, according to HSE Director Paul Reid.

On Monday night, Mr Reid said the HSE continues to demonstrate that it will manage “what supplies we receive as efficiently as possible”.

As of Friday, 923,878 doses of Covid-19 vaccine were administered across the state, with 655,292 people receiving their first dose and 268,586 receiving their second.

Nearly 42,000 people aged 16 to 69 years and with a high risk of serious Covid-19 disease had received their first dose, while 91 according to official figures were fully vaccinated as of Friday. It is estimated that there are up to 150,000 medically vulnerable people in this fourth cohort for vaccination.

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar said the vaccination program “will be accelerated in the next few weeks”.

He said that by the end of June, the vast majority – more than 80 percent – of people will be offered their first dose.

In April, people will begin a “normalization, if you will, as the beginning of the exit,” he said, because restrictions become easier and vaccine increases.

There were 260 people with the virus in the hospital on Monday, 12 more than the previous day, but a reduction of 71 from seven days ago. The number of people with the virus in intensive care remained stable at 58, which is a drop from 12 from the week ago.

No deaths and 320 new cases were reported Monday by the National Emergency Team of Public Health.

In Northern Ireland, two people died from the virus over a period of 48 hours, while a total of 89 positive tests on the virus, the Ministry of Social Affairs confirmed on Monday. It had not released any figures on Easter Sunday.

Outage problems

Chairman of the General Practice Committee of the Irish Medical Organization Denis McCauley said fax deliveries over the past two weeks have been smooth for the “vast majority” of family practices. At the start of the GP outage, communication was “very poor”, but recently clinics were told five to seven days in advance of the exact number of expected doses, he said.

He said it was “obviously a big problem for a practice” if a delivery did not appear on time.

One Kildare-based family doctor said he was forced at the last minute to cancel vaccinations scheduled for Monday afternoon because the doses did not arrive as planned. Dr Adrian McGoldrick took to social media to talk about how “very frustrating” it was to cancel clinics when patients started coming. Later in the day, however, he said deliveries were scheduled for hours and staff were able to call patients to return for late appointments.


Source link