KONTAN.CO.ID – JAKARTA. People with stomach acid not only experience excruciating pain in the stomach, but also often experience shortness of breath.
Shortness of breath is one of the symptoms of chronic stomach disease like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). To understand the interaction between these two interrelated health issues, consider the following statement.
The reason why stomach acid rises can make it overloaded
Reported by HealthlineThere are several causes of stomach acid can cause breathing, including:
- Stomach acid from the stomach that rises in the esophagus accidentally enters the lungs, usually during sleep. As a result, the airways in the lungs. swelling and trigger asthma as aspiration-pneumonia. Because the airways are disturbed, stomach acid is absorbed, causing shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing
- Acidic gastric juices from the stomach stand in the esophagus and cause a neural reflex. This narrows the airways to prevent the acidic liquid from escaping. This condition can also make patients breathe.
- Storm surges can also damage the lining of the throat, airways, and lungs. This condition is susceptible to causing asthma in people with stomach acid disease who already have a history of asthma
Given that there are several reasons why gastric acid can cause congestion, it is important for every patient to manage their illness.
What to do in case of stomach upset due to stomach acid?
Medical news launch today, how to overcome shortness of breath due to stomach acid requires lifestyle changes, maintaining a healthy diet and taking medication.
Among them with:
- Weight loss is ideal
- Stop smoking
- Raise the headrest while you sleep
- Do not wear tight clothing, belts or accessories that squeeze the stomach
- Eat a complete and balanced nutritious diet
- Do not lie down or sleep for less than three hours after eating
- Identify and prevent foods that trigger stomach acid
- Reduce or prevent alcohol, minimize caffeine intake such as tea and coffee
- Avoid large meals, eat smaller portions, but more often
- Take acid reflux medication with options for antacids, proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), as well as H2 receptor blockers Treat stress
This article was published on Kompas.com with the title “Stomach Acid Comes Up Causes Congestion, What To Do?”
Author: Mahardini Nur Afifah
Editor: Mahardini Nur Afifah
Editor: Barratut Taqiyyah Rafie