UPC Hungary recorded high performance and 5.5% revenue growth in the third quarter of 2018. The outstanding results of the entire business year are largely due to the dynamic development of business and mobile services and the development of robust network development activities. As part of its ongoing investment activities, UPC has already launched its latest network in the Monor district as part of its broadband Internet program from its own and state resources.
The Happy Home package was launched in September and the new Wifi Power Pack system contributed to the company's superior performance.
Key business results for the third quarter of 2018: *
- Retail and business subscribers increased by 23,000 to 865,000 compared to the third quarter of 2017.
- Total subscriptions, including mobile subscriptions, exceeded 2,146,600, a year-on-year increase of 120,700.
- Subscriptions have increased significantly over the past year. Broadband subscriptions increased by 33,200 to 688,200, while digital and analog TV subscriptions increased by 68,000 and 12,000 over the same period last year.
- The robust performance of fixed mobile convergence has also been achieved by UPC. Over 103,000 mobile subscriptions have increased 21,900 since the third quarter of 2017.
- At the end of September, UPC 2018 invested 12 billion forints in its service area and expanded its services with new services. In the Monor, Dabas, and Gyál regions, the migration of modern broadband networks was partially self-contained and partly based on open source. The new UPC service will be available in half of the 14 settlements that will be built as part of the broadband program.
- UPC services are available nationwide from 1 816 600 households. It was 52 200 compared to one year ago.
Robert Redeleanu, CEO of UPC Hungary and UPC Poland:
"In the third quarter of 2018, we continued to develop Happy Home packages, boosting Internet speed, expanding TV channels and launching an integrated Wifi Power Pack system, which gives our customers a great and reliable service experience. And every family member can enjoy innovative solutions from multiple screens through a reliable Internet connection from the basement to the attic. We are committed to delivering exceptional quality in the fiercest competition through ongoing investments. Services to more retail and business customers. "
In the third quarter of 2018, we have over 2.15 million subscribers and 865,000 customers.
* The results listed include the effects of non-organic organizational changes such as arguments. For more information, see Liberty Global's official announcement.