On November 11, 2018, Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE: BABA) recorded record earnings of $ 3.08 billion (RMB 213.5 billion). It grew 27% from 2017.
Daniel Zhang, Chairman and CEO of Alibaba Group states:
"We have witnessed the strengths and potentials of the Chinese economy driven by consumers who want to improve their daily lives today. By participating in the entire ecosystem of Alibaba, our brands and trading partners have been able to communicate with consumers as before. Will continue to support the evolution of the future lifestyle and digital economy. "
11.11 Major Contents of the World Shopping Festival 2018
Total gross receipts (GMV) from Alipay reached $ 30.8 billion, or 273.5 billion yuan, up 27%
- Cainiao Network has processed over 1 billion purchase orders.
- More than 180,000 participating brands
- More than 40% of consumers have purchased international branded goods and services.
- 237 brands, including major international brands such as Dyson, Kindle, Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, Nestle, Gap, Nike and Adidas, have surpassed 14 million GMVs.
- Main sales countries in China: Japan, USA, Korea, Australia and Germany
- 230 countries and regions can trade
- Lazada joined 11.11 as part of the Alibaba ecosystem, and consumers from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam were able to participate in the festival.
11.11 The total merchandise value of the Global Shopping Festival represents the total value of orders placed through Alipay in Alibaba's China, Lazada and AliExpress markets for 24 hours on November 11th. Include transportation charges paid in real time (if any).
The sales performance of the Alibaba Group presented in this press release is the RMB.
All transfers from RMB to USD are based on US $ 1 for a central parity rate of 6.9329 yuan, announced by the People's Bank of China (PBOC) on November 9, 2018. The figures presented in this release include information regarding GMV I do not accept. You can adjust.
For more information about the event, please visit the Alibaba Group's official Twitter account (www.twitter.com/AlibabaGroup)