Friday , October 22 2021

The northern KJHL team sues the southern team that left the league.



[ad_1]

The newly formed hockey league in the province is facing a lawsuit alleging that the players of five host country teams have already been brought in and the racial tensions involved in the division of a junior B league in half.

The suit was submitted to the Carolina Court Court on Wednesday and the Metropolitan Junior Hockey League withdrew "unfairly" and "maliciously" from the Keithon Junior Hockey League, with five winning teams in the North and five in the non-Pre-Nationalist South.

"Junior hockey is an integral part of the Northern Nation's First Nation community and we will take all necessary steps to ensure that Hockey Manitoba and the Capital Junior Hockey League are accountable for their actions," said Glenn Hudson, director of Peguis First Nation Announced. "Eliminating hockey in Peguis and all northern communities is an inherently discriminating task, and as a leader of First Nations we must oppose discrimination. Our community loves hockey games and wants hockey to continue at the highest level I will. "

The lawsuit calls for an immediate restraining order to nominate CRJHL president Rick Olson, Hockey Manitoba and others to prevent the new league from operating. Selkirk, St. Malo, Lundar, Arborg and North Winnipeg teams have already started the season at CRJHL and 8 teams participated.

KJHL, who has teams such as Cross Lake, Fisher River, Norway House, Opaskwayak, Peguis, and so on, lasted their season last week.

Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP's Jamie Kagan, a legal counsel for five Aboriginal people, told reporters at a press conference in September that he repeatedly tried to stay at CRJHL in September.

"Everything we agreed on with Hockey Manitoba (CRJHL) was rejected until they refused to meet us," Carney said.

Hudson claimed he had to go as far north as the OCN, apart from the South team's travel expenses. Many teams said they were on reasonable mileage. The Hudson spokesman also said the first national team in the north is paying for the team in the south to fight them.

"The location reasoning and excuses are unacceptable," Hudson said. "We have paid enough to travel the southern team to travel to the community, if the cost is too high."

Hudson claimed the number of players caught by the South team was about 20, including four of his team.

Peter Woods, the director of Hockey Manitoba, refused to comment on the lawsuit on Friday.

According to sources close to this situation, Olson, who could not go on Friday, was no longer involved in the league. Orson continued to play the same role as KJHL and was asked to be president of CRJHL transiently.

The source Winnipeg Line If the split did not happen on Friday, the financial viability of the team in the south would be in jeopardy.

The source said, "It's not just about travel costs." "Some teams are playing 100 people in their home arenas. It barely lights on that link.

The same sources also said there was a life problem with the players.

"If there are 20 players and 7 of them say they do not have the ability to go north, they have to work or do things at school, and they have a team of 12 or 13 players, It is not competitive anymore. "

Hudson says he wants harmony on the one hand.

"We want our league again, and we want the team to play each other," he said.

The contested hearing date is set on December 19th.

Suck@postmedia.com

twitter: @Scottish

[ad_2]
Source link