Sunday , June 13 2021

Hospital passes die after vertical language-drop-linked infection, making research



A research into the death of two people died that it strengthened a fungal infection that's linked to a jeweler in a hospital in Glasgow.

The infection is caused by inhalation of the fungal Cryptococcus, found primarily in soil animals and dips.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGCC) started a problem in the death of one patient at Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, but the health bureau called the second patient influence – that parent – was killed by an invalid case.

A non-public area in the hospital, away from third-country homes, was identified as a probable source and the camps were removed. State measures are put in place.

NHSGCC told a small number of vulnerable children and adult patients were receiving medication to prevent potential infection.

The health bureau also has portable HEPA filter units in specific areas installed as well as precautions.

Teresa Inkster, NHSGCC Direct Inspector for Inspection Control, said: "Cryptococcus lives in the global living environment.

"People can be infected after searching in microscopic fungi, although most people who are not experiencing it will never get sick."

Support Free Thinking Journalism and Subscribe to Independent Minds

In the study, a separate problem with the sealant developed in some of the showers.

Repair shops are on the move and the maintenance team is working to minimize the problem.

As a further action, a specific group of patients in the hospital are moved by their clinical diagnosis and ongoing treatment, the gender administration says.

Ms. Inkster added: "There have been no cases left when the controls were set.

"In the meantime, we continue to check air quality and analyze these results.

"It remains our priority to ensure a safe environment for patients and employees."

Professor Hugh Pennington, of Aberdeen University, told the BBC that he was surprised to learn from & # 39; an infection among hospital patients. He said: "It is quite common in United Kingdom.

"It is hiel gewoan yn oare dielen fan 'e wrâld, benammen yn tropyske dielen en yn' e Feriene Steaten en yn lannen lykas dy, wêr't se mear problemen hawwe mei dizze soarte fan fungus."

Professor Pennington warskôge dat minsken mei swakte ymmúnsysteem de measte risiko binne.

Hy sei: "As it yn 'e bloeddream rint, hawwe in protte minsken gewoan rjochtfeardige ynfeksjes en it settelt yn' e longen, mar it grutte probleem mei dat is dat meningitis feroarsaakje en, sa't wy witte, kinne meningitis in tige serieus ynfeksje wêze . "

Oanfoljende rapportaazje troch PA


Source link