Thursday , December 9 2021

Teen (17), who ate SLUG for 10 pounds, reveals that he was almost as dead as a tragic young man.



[ad_1]

The man who survived the infected slug in his teenage years said the doctor had planned his funeral, giving him an opportunity to survive for $ 17 million.

Liam McGuigan was 17 years old when he went to school on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland to swallow slug.

    Liam says he is lucky to come alive as he dies, eating slugs and living.

Facebook

Liam says he is lucky to come alive as he dies, eating slugs and living.

He now realizes how lucky he was to tell his story this week after Sam Ballard died doing the same thing.

On the day of Liam's conversation, students in Year 12 began to become helpless. His muscles stopped working.

"I went to the hospital and thought they might be my appendix, so they pulled it out," he said in an interview with Brisbane's news.com.au.

The doctor was wrong. Within hours he barely peels from the back of the ambulance and covers it with ice to lower the sudden temperature.

    Sam Ballard recently died after swallowing slug.

Newspix Australia – Newscope

Sam Ballard recently died after swallowing slug.

Liam's body was closed because the slug he swallowed had parasites.

When the slug died, the worm found a new house in the spinal cord and "basically went to my brain".

A 27-year-old woman was in a coma. Doctors at the Royal Brisbane Hospital were in a coma for four weeks, filling their bodies with steroids. They told their mother "funeral plan" and when they survived, they launched 17 million.

Then he woke up. The shadow of his former self.

"When I walked in, I weighed 85kg, and when I came out of the coma I was 38kg, my thighs looked like my wrists and my skin just fell down," Liam said.

    Sam dumped the slug at his friend's party.
Sam dumped the slug at his friend's party.

"I had to learn to eat, talk, walk, and do everything again. I knew how to do it, but it was something else to tell my body how my brain does it."

Employees wrote the letters "Yes" and "No" in the RBH's whiteboard. For weeks, Liam will communicate that way. If he wanted water, TV, or toilet, he had to spell it.

The voice therapy lasted for 4 months and the 12th grade came out of the window. He will eventually get his credentials and regain 99% of his entire life.

This week, he reminded me again of how lucky he is.

29-year-old Sam Ballard, 29, died on Friday in Sydney, surrounded by his family in the north. He drowned his sadness for eight years.

Ballard suffered from diseases such as eosinophilic meningo-encephalitis and had 420 days in a coma.

    Sam was a bold activist.

Social media – see source

Sam was a bold activist.

When he woke up, he suffered brain damage, which meant he needed 24/7 care and could not feed himself.

Sam's friend Jimmy Galvin said, "We sat here and spent some nights on the wineries night and behaved like grown up and struggling to act like grown-ups.

"The conversation has begun, will I have to eat it?" Sam went away, bang.

When Sam heard of his death, Liam's message told him that he did not have the same fate as his friends.

Liam says, "My friends and family all saw Sam's articles and tagged." I always think about it. That would have been me. "

Liam is a happy and healthy house painter these days. He has recently been married. His message is simple. "Hugs are not slugs."

"It was stupid, but I did not think it was dangerous." "I am foolish when I turn 17. I am in luck."

Both Sam and Liam ate slugs carrying the lung fungus of mice.

Worms are commonly found in rodents, but mollusks that eat pellets can also be infected.

According to a fact sheet from the NSW Department of Health, symptoms vary from patient to patient.

Some people have no symptoms, and others can have mild, short-lived symptoms.

"Very rarely, the mouse lung infection causes an infection in the brain. People with this condition may have headaches, stiff neck, skin soreness, fever, nausea and vomiting."

This department recommends simple steps to avoid diseases such as eating raw snails or slugs, supervising infants around the gardens, washing vegetables and lettuce, or washing their hands after gardening.

This story originally appeared on News.com.au.


We pay your story! Is there a story about the Sun online news team? Please e-mail [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for video too. Click here to upload.

[ad_2]
Source link