The national government decided to maintain the suspension of attendance in the schools of the city and Greater Buenos Aires. According to sources close to the president, the health situation in the metropolitan area ended up convincing the head of state to support the measure for the coming weeks.
“It remains the same, there are many cases and therapies are at the limit”, said against THE NATION one of the most trusted men of Alberto Fernandez that he, after receiving the arrival of 1,000,000 doses of Sinopharm at the Ezeiza International Airport, met with the Chief of Staff, Santiago Cafiero; the Minister of Health, Carla Vizzotti, and the Minister of Education, Nicolas Trotta, to resolve the details of the Emergency and Emergency Decision (DNU) that will be presented this Friday.
Although in the last week the possibility of continuing with a “managed face-to-face” scheme was evaluated, the number of daily infections and the sharp increase in the occupancy of intensive care beds was decisive in prolonging the measure that a political and judicial crisis between the nation and the city.
This Wednesday, 26,053 new infections were registered and 561 deaths were reported, the maximum for one day. While the occupancy of ICU beds, in the Capital and the province of Buenos Aires, is more than 90 percent.
After the crossings and the meeting yesterday with the President, Rodríguez Larreta clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could. The government of Buenos Aires wants to maintain attendance for students in elementary and kindergarten schools. And that high school has virtual classes.
Now, with the news that the national government is supporting the suspension of the presence of students in classrooms, The Buenos Aires administration will wait for the publication of the new DNU in the Official Gazette before going public to respond.
Like he could know THE NATION, of the national government, they communicated the decision yesterday to officials of Buenos Aires around 20. “It gives anger,” they told Rodríguez Larreta, which now all bet on a favorable resolution of the Supreme Court of Justice.
The remarkable thing was that last Tuesday, in the meeting held by the staff gifts, Santiago Cafiero, Carlos Bianco and Felipe Miguel, there was in principle an agreement to reach a consensus on the stage over the next few weeks. A) Yes, It became clear that the relationship between the national government and Rodríguez Larreta was going through its most critical moment. In addition to proper treatment, mutual distrust is absolute.
In Uspallata, the seat of the Buenos Aires government, they were expecting the possibility of a speedy resolution from the Supreme Court to the Attorney General’s office, led by Eduardo Casal, considered yesterday that Alberto Fernández’s decree interrupting face-to-face classes is unconstitutional.
“The arguments in the challenged norm are not sufficient to establish a state of necessity that would legitimize the suspension of attendance at educational institutions at all levels,” Casal wrote in his opinion, which is not binding on the Supreme Court.
From the province of Buenos Aires, meanwhile, they asked to keep the schools without help. The key, as they assured close to the governor Axel Kicillof, is to turn on controls. That was what the provincial president asked the mayors.
After being fired two weeks ago after the president imposed the training restrictions without notifying his Minister of Education, Trotta on this occasion was present in every definition,
So many hours before the decision to extend the suspension of personal classes was made public, the official had implied that there would be no changes. “The big challenge we have is to lower the curve [de contagios]”In the Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires is where we have the most complex indicators, so it is where we need to sustain the efforts as well as the restrictive measures,” said Trotta.
The Minister also urged the Court to put an end to this discussion. “Outside of Eduardo Casal’s opinion, it has to be defined by the Supreme Court. We are waiting for him to take a decision that will also bring calm to residents of Buenos Aires and Buenos Aires,” he added.