BARCELONA, Spain – A delegation from Barcelona was sent to Amsterdam in the last week of & # 39; & # 39; Frenkie de Jong's Ajax midfielders to sign for the club, sources have told ESPN FC.
Messages in the Catalan media explained that President Josep Maria Bartomeu and sports director Eric Abidal were among the traveling party, but ESPN FC could not confirm who was under the delegation.
Barca made the trip to the Netherlands with Paris Saint-Germain growing more and more reliant on launching the international international international.
Manchester City has also made an offer.
The page of La Liga came without definitive answer from De Jong or his agent, Ali Dursun, but happy that they had done everything to improve their offering and to give the player how much they want.
Although PSG can offer a higher salary and a direct starting point on their site, Barca believes De Jong, who's only 21 years old, is much better suited to her style of play.
Sources discovered that Barca De Jong is expecting to make his spirit within the next seven days – he is averaging of rumors and speculation – but they are not sure if an official announcement will be made as soon as possible.
If Barca manages to convince De Jong to report them, then they must also have an action with Ajax.
The site Eredivisie believes that it wanted north of € 70 million.
Barca coach Valverde spoke out the potential of De Jong in a news conference on Saturday, but stopped short time to run from & # 39; a club.
"I suffered to cope with the same responses, but I do not have much alternatives," he said on Sunday Sunday play to Leganes.
"He's a great player who's got a great future, but I'm not talking about players that can interest Barca, all the time." De Jong plays for another team, we respect this team Ajax. about everything that came in the press we would never stop. "
Valverde also provided novelty through his lack of options in attack or the search for a new peak in this month.
The sale of Munir El Haddadi to Seville – which the coach marked "the client decision" – has left her without reserve for Luis Suarez.
"I'm not frustrated," Valverde said. "I know the club works when drawing a No.9, but it's not as easy as it seems." We'll see if we can do something or not. "If not, we will continue with what we have – and I am happy with what we have."
Barca, that & # 39; s Seville in & # 39; last eight & # 39; sat Kopa del Rey on Friday, get back to the league action in this weekend, when they have Leganes in Camp Now.
Valverde has not noticed any new injuries, with Samuel Umtiti and Rafinha still more of a long-term, if Barcelona looks to look for revenues for the 2-1 add-on they & # 39; a campaign lent to Butarque.